P&DARCS Operations - Field Opens October 22 for Members
Message from P&DARCS President sent to all club members on October 19th outlining rules for reopening P&DARCS
Good evening fellow members of the P&DARCS.
The previous twelve months in Victoria have seen changes to our lifestyle that nobody could possibly have foreseen. The circumstances and resultant upheaval of the COVID crisis has brought our lives almost to a standstill and amongst other things, the sport that we love so much has taken a necessary back seat. We have finally reached a point that we can move forward. Your P&DARCS committee (along with the assistance of Melissa Law) has spent many hours deliberating over often confusing government regulations to be able to provide a suitable outcome for our members.
We can therefore announce that acting under the updated restrictions from the Victorian government, effective from Friday morning (22/10/2021) the P&DARCS can have up to 50 fully vaccinated members (including probationary members) at the field. Note, visitors are not permitted to enter the field at this point. To allow the field to open and to continue to operate with the best interests or all our members, the following conditions will apply to members coming to the field.
- Junior members under the age of 16 are exempt from the double vaccination requirement. A parent or guardian is not considered a visitor but they must be double vaccinated.
- If you have a medical exemption from the COVID 19 vaccination, you may enter a premises open for fully vaccinated people. You must provide this proof to the address outlined in point 1 prior to attending P&DARCS.
- Club committee members may request proof of your vaccination certificate at any time.
- You MUST sign in using the Victoria Services app & QR code which is located in several positions around the clubhouse. Or sign in using the book.
- You MUST wear an approved face mask at all times whilst at the field.
- You MUST maintain the social distancing requirements as stipulated by the State Health Officers rulings. (1.5 metres apart).
- Due to the government regulations, The clubhouse remains closed
- Toilet facilities are open. You MUST clean down the hard surfaces when you have finished using the facility. Cleaning products are provided at the toilet. YOU USE IT, YOU WIPE IT. If you use chairs, YOU USE IT, YOU WIPE IT
- Should a positive case of COVID be reported by a member who is or was present at the club, you must adhere to the P&DARCS COVID Safe Management Plan requirements.
- These club rules will form part of the new P&DARCS COVID Plan to be rolled out within the next week.
- By entering P&DARCS facility and signing in, you have agreed to be responsible for your own actions and adhere to the above conditions.
- If it becomes apparent that members cannot abide by these regulations as defined by the State Health Officer, the field may have to close again at the discretion of the committee.
- If an individual member fails to follow these rules, they will be issued a warning. Further breaches may result in suspension of membership.
On behalf of the committee, I would like to thank the members of our club for their patience and understanding in what can only be described as a difficult time for all of us. It has been and will remain the intent of the committee to provide as a priority, a safe club environment for all of us to enjoy.
Keith Quigg | AUS 22897
Chief Flying Instructor
0448 749 865