Scratch / Kit Built Scale Rally, November 10th 2019
Welcome to the Scratch / Kit Built Scale Rally webpage
Once more the P&DARCS club they are hosting a Scratch & Kit Built Scale Rally ie hand made, not ARFs. The event is to be held on the Sunday after Melbourne Cup Day. The main priority of the event is to give modellers who hand build models a place where they can come, display and fly their model in a controlled environment and plenty of airspace to fly their creations.
Prizes and great trophies will be given out for models entered. Lucky draw prizes will also be given out during the day.
Part built projects are welcome. It is all about promoting the skill of the model builder. The scale models do not have to be large, just scale and hand built.
- Entry will be $5-00 per car, pilots & spectators. Spectators are most welcome. There is no cost to enter your aircraft.
- Please ensure that you check into the Club House on arrival to register. If you have registered via the web site we still need you to check in to obtain your Pilot number .
- There are several 12 and 240 volt charging location for those with electric powered models.
- Clear airspace can be made available for special models.
- Huge pit area for your models.
The Club has excellent facilities including an air-conditioned club house, shed shelters in the large pit area, 3 grass runways, all a minimum of 130M long by 30M wide, paved start up areas, multiple 12 volt charging stations, uninterrupted wide open flying area and much more. The field is easily accessible from Melbourne via the Monash Freeway. Take the Cardinia Rd exit and head south.
This promises to be a great day for scale models. Make sure you bring your models and be part of it. Multiple models are welcome, the more the merrier. It is usual that there are some very special models entered.
If you are coming from other states or country Victoria it is possible to reach the field on freeways. You will require a CityLink toll pass for part of the route through Melbourne.
Overnight accommodation is available in the nearby towns of Pakenham, Officer, Cranbourne, Berwick to name a few locations. Limited camping will be available at the site.